Lauren Bodwell Photography
145 Beech Ridge Road
York, Maine 03909
Release and Waiver
I voluntarily desire to participate in the Content Walk (“Event”) organized by Lauren Bodwell, Lauren Bodwell Photography.(the “Facilitator”). In exchange for participation in the Event and/or use of the property, facilities, and services provided during the Event, I agree to the following:
1. Voluntary Participation & Assumption of Risk. I take full and sole responsibility for my life and well-being and all decisions made before, during and after the Event. I acknowledge that I am choosing to participate voluntarily in the activities at the Event (“Activities”) and I recognize that these Activities, while planned with care and love, may contain certain inherent risks. I agree that I expressly assume the risks of the Event and all Activities in which I participate. I am also aware that if there is any Activity that I am not comfortable participating in, that I may voluntarily decline to participate if I wish.
2. Rules and Warnings. I agree to observe and obey all posted and announced rules and warnings, and further agree to follow any instructions or directions given by the Facilitator, or his/her employees and agents.
3. Not a Substitute for Medical Advice. I understand that the information provided at or in conjunction with the Activities and Event is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment that can be provided by my own physician, therapist, licensed dietitian or nutritionist, or any other licensed or registered mental or physical health care professional. I understand that the Facilitator and his/her employees, representatives and agents are not acting in any capacity as a medical or mental health care provider and they are not giving medical or psychological advice. I understand that they are not providing health care, medical or nutrition therapy services or attempting to diagnose, treat or cure in any manner whatsoever any disease, condition or other physical or mental ailment of the human body during the course of the Event. Rather, they are serving in their capacities as Facilitators, coaches, mentors and guides to provide me with education, information, and tools to assist me in my own self-care and healthy living.
4. Seek Medical Advice. I agree to seek the advice of my physician regarding any questions or concerns I have about my specific health situation, including but not limited to possible or actual pregnancy, known or suspected food sensitivities or allergies, dietary restrictions, or any medications I am currently taking. I understand that I am advised to speak with my own physician or mental health provider before implementing any Activities that I learn at the Event. I agree to not disregard or delay seeking professional medical advice or stop taking any medications without speaking to my own physician or mental health care provider.
5. Imminent Harm. At any time before or during the Event, should I know or fear that I may cause imminent harm to myself, other participants, the Facilitator, or any other person, I understand and agree that I am immediately obligated to let the Facilitator know, and to remove myself from the situation in a peaceful and cooperative manner; otherwise, I consent that I may be asked to not attend the Event, leave the Event, and/or have immediate physical or mental health care administered to avoid causing mental or physical harm to myself or others.
6. Consent to First-Aid or Emergency Treatment. I consent to the application of first-aid or other medical or mental health services to be applied if needed in connection with an emergency health problem or potentially harmful situation during the Event, and I agree to hold the Facilitator harmless as a result of any such injury or damage I may suffer due to the application of medical or mental health services or treatment. I also agree and consent that the Facilitator may contact my Emergency Contact as shown on the bottom of this form and share detailed information about the emergency.
7. Limitation of Liability. I waive and release the Facilitator from any and all liability, damages, causes of action, allegations, suits, sums of money, claims and demands whatsoever, in law or equity, which I have ever had, now have or may have in the future against the Facilitator, arising from my past or future participation in, or otherwise with respect to, anything related to and including the Activities and Event, including any transportation to, from and during the Event, unless arising from the gross negligence of the Facilitator.
8. Release of Claims. In no event will the Facilitators be liable to me or to any person for any direct, indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages for any use of, non-use, or reliance on this Event or Activity, its information, programs and/or services, including, without limitation, personal injuries, accidents, misapplication of information, or any other loss, malady, disease, difficulty, injury, or otherwise, even if I am advised of the possibility of such damages, difficulties, or injuries, whether caused by the fault of myself, the Facilitator, other attendees or other third parties. I agree to pay for all damages to the facilities caused by any negligent, reckless, or willful action that I may take.
9. By signing this contract, the said above is signing for all persons to be included/photographed on the day of the event. If one in the party does not agree to the details outlined in this contract they must not participate in the shoot on.
I have carefully read this document and by filling out the information below I consent to all parts of it. I understand that by filling out this Event Waiver, I voluntarily surrender certain legal rights.